Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To Be Darling...

I am inspired.
I want you to look at these 3 kiddos.
Do you see the joy and happiness all over their faces?
That's what happens when you are darling.
To be darling...
How does one become darling?
I think it might have a little something to do with those green and white sprinkles.

My great long time friend, Amanda, and her daughter, Maggie Kate, came up for a visit yesterday. We spent some time visiting and catching up. After some playing, it was time for a snack for the kiddos and I just so happened to know of the perfect place. This establishment runs knock-out deals on Facebook weekly. And I just so happened to also know that yesterday the deal was $5.00 for a dozen donuts!
And these aren't just any donuts.
These donuts are magical.
Magically made from scratch right in front of you.
Made by a family owned business who decided donuts were something they could do.
And boy, can they do them...
Their donuts make you ride giant turtles barebacked with no hands.
And their donuts will have you atop enormous elephants grinning from ear to ear.

Yes, to be darling takes little work.
Simply find goodness and enjoy it.
And not only darling but daring you will also be.

Daring it is to start your very own business.
Darling it is to see it grow and succeed.
Congratulations, Chattanooga's Julie Darling Donuts! Thank you for making Chattanooga a sweeter and more delicious place to be!

Locals, join their Facebook page here. Tomorrow is supposed to be one whopper of a St. Patrick's Day special! You don't want to miss an opportunity to try these wonderful treats.

Menu of Donuts
(this is just a sampling from memory)
spice cake
buttermilk (my favorite!)
blueberry (my other favorite!)
chocolate covered glazed
chocolate covered with sprinkles
vanilla covered with sprinkles
peach filled
apple filled
chocolate covered cream cheese filled (my other other favorite!)
chocolate covered vanilla cream filled
vanilla cream filled
cream cheese filled
cake

Inspired I am,
.mac :)



7 comments:

jules said...

Yummy!! Can they send some my way?

And of course, the kiddos are darling...

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I need that in Michigan...or maybe not!!!
So cute are they!

Julie said...

Meghan Cobble rocks the socks right off of Chattanooga's Julie Darling Donuts...If you get tired of making purses and such, you should go into advertising! You are the best! Thanks for the donutty love!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Kiddos and donuts are soo darling, course mamas and donuts are darling too! Oh, as long as the mamas don't eat too many!
I would have a hard time resisting good 'ol hometown donuts!!

Beth said...

Now I want a donut! I'll have to check Julie's out the next time I'm down that way.

Sarah said...

oooh, I had some JDD today! I am so glad I did too because otherwise I would be craving them right now after reading this! Yummy, and good time with friends

April said...

Hmmm...do they hold a candle to Krispy Kreme? :) Those kiddos are darling beyond words!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors