Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mr. T & The Feathered Mohawk

I have abruptly disengaged my vehicle to a halt.  Currently, I'm at a 4 way stop when it comes to the title of this post.  Here's what I got brewing:

  1. Peter Pan's Rodeo
  2. My T and His Feathered Mohawk
  3. Who's Behind That Comb Over Called Bangs?
  4. Prints-a-Plenty
Eli & Casey tag teamed this photo shoot.  When you get specific instructions from your freshly turned 5 year old to "quit slouching" you know it's time to double up on the calcium intake.

Let's rap here, shall we?

Ensemble Statistics

Shirt 1:

  • Magenta sweater
  • Limited brand
  • It has real cute drawstring ties on the shoulder that make it all flirty like.  
  • Love this in the Spring by itself with a pair of white boat pants and a patterned heel
  • It's a thin sweater like material.
  • Looks great alone with a chunky shorter necklace too 
  • Goodwill
  • Paid $2.00.

Shirt 2:
  • Navy & white 3/4 length sleeve 
  • Gap brand
  • I have worn it alone with cowboy boots and white shorts before...CLASSICALLY SPUNKY.
  • It also looks great paired with turquoise and then once again with lavender.
  • Goodwill
  • Paid $2.00


Shirt 3:
  • Merona brand
  • Great under layer shirt.
  • It's tight so you can trust that as you add more shirt layers, you won't get that blousy, bulky feeling.
  • Goodwill
  • Paid $2.00


Broach:
  • KILLER COOL.  
  • Totally looks like a family heirloom.
  • Rhinestones are chunky fun yet give off that "old money" vibe.
  • FREE!
  • An older lady friend of mine was just gonna toss out her old junk jewelry to the trash and said I could have anything I wanted.
  • WHAT A SAVE!!!!  

Jacket:
  • Navy & white
  • LOVE the whimsical floral pattern 
  • Gap brand
  • It's a shorter jacket so it actually accentuates the layered shirt look nicely to me.
  • Yeah, I turned the color up.  Don't be hatin' on me.
  • I totally look my Dad in this profile.
  • Yes, my lips naturally rest this way when I'm not talking.  Weird, I hear you dawg.
  • Goodwill
  • $3.00

Feather:
  • My step mother-in-law bought me a feather pack set of 2 that you can just clip in when you want a little ooomph.
  • Eli and Casey's Nana knows me and the serious amounts of happy joy this treasure brings.
  • It's a party in my ponytail every time and you know this.


Hair: 
  • 2 days dirty.
  • For those of you with long hair, you KNOW this is the miracle of the ponytail.
  • Bangs...can you say it's time for a haircut?  
  • No, I'm not any relation to Donald Trump.
  • A special thank you to the big barrel curling iron for taming my 3 cowlicks in my bangs.  That's right. THREE.


Earrings:
  • OUTTA THIS WORLD WONDERFUL!
  • These were my great-grandmothers.
  • They're clip-on.
  • aDoRe the floral pattern the rhinestones make.
  • I lose feeling in my lobes up until about 15 minutes after I have had them off.
  • Beauty is pain, people.  


Bracelets:
  • I am the Mr. T of bracelets.
  • It's time you know this.


Scarf:
  • Navy & white polka dots
  • Makes me SOOO happy every single stinkin' time I put it on.
  • Goodwill
  • 10 cents


Pants:
  • leggings
  • dark charcoal grey
  • It's the new black, you know.
  • TJ Maxx
  • $3.00 clearance


TOTAL spent on outfit:  $12.10

The Peter Pan in me immensely enjoyed this ensemble.  All day long I felt like Eli & the Face were my Lost Boys.

Mixing prints and layering on offset colors schemes is all kinds of happenin' in the fashion world.

Take it from me, Mr. T.

Well, would you look at that?  My vehicle just found itself in drive.

.mac :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Please tell me you read Kendi Everyday?

Look her up and especially her remixes!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors