Monday, August 17, 2009

{ROAD}

You diggin' my shirt?
Kenny wasn't.

Matter of fact, I bought it speee-ashial at my favorite establishment for the bit of traveling we had planned for the earlier part of this summer.

{ROAD}
Always like to keep things thematic if you will.

Remember that big gap in posts? I am sure all of my 5 regular readers do. I escaped the everyday life for a time and went into hiding. It was fun pretending to be Kate Gosselin in seclusion from the paparazzi. The paparazzi being my SIL Kristi, but still. Who am I kidding? I just wanted a chance to wear the JackieO's and the J-LO hatz. yeah-yeah.
These 3 and myself loaded up in a car and made the trek to New York back in early June. Little boys off to my dad and step-mom, rental car packed to the gills, we drove.
Kenneth (my father-in-law) here sharing a celebratory beer with his younger brother Eddie that we made it safe and sound and our 14 hours in the car was finito.

Me gazing up at Kristi with great thankfulness that I no longer have to be in a car with 3 Cobble men and I that I now have my favorite girl in company!
Ellicottville, New York.
A super charming little place. The town was so petitely packed with huge helpings of quaintness. Well, we had to do a little spelunking and it seems our taste buds and rumbling bellies landed us here.

Shiney coppers, glistening chromes, a pumpin' and a churnin'...

Mama likey.
A rustic environment this place had. Kinda low lit barzy, for-real locals feel, I was hooked. And apparently so was the fish. 4 of the 6 of us ordered their fried fish platter.

I was not one of the 4. I had my eyes set on a Reuben. Can I just say holy cow. The best Reuben I have ever snuggled up to in my life. YUM.

The menu was well versed in variety. I tend to like that in a restaurant. My brother-in-law, Tony, chose the homemade ravioli to offset the other 4 as well. Let's just say, there was no need for a dishwasher when we left this fine establishment.
Kristi and her dad. Those smiles are proof of happy bellies.


And what about our thirst buds?

Well, I like beer. I like wine too.
Not in massive drunken quantities. But I do enjoy their flavors on occasion.
And this place makes the best BLUEBERRY BEER I have ever tasted! Check those blueberries out just floatin' at the top all flirty like.
Tony decided upon a sampler as they all looked so tasty.

This place was amazing. We loved sitting around the table catching up and enjoying great food and brew. Brothers Kenny and Kevin would agree. Go here to find out more about this fine establishment. Cause little they may be, but they have a website!

Small town America: you can't beat that.
And you also can't beat BLUEBERRY BEER! Some wanted to come back to the inn with us and well, being nice southerners in a northern town, we kindly obliged.
Could this father-in-law of mine get any cuter in that hat?


And how bout these hunks in the hot tub?
(I am especially partial to the one in the middle.)

A late night of chatting, laughing, relaxing, and just being family in this little town for there was much to celebrate. And we Cobbles make the most of any reason to celebrate. Who can forget this annual happy or this every year gathering for celebratory proof.


What are we celebrating, you ask?
Well, just keep on the hunt for Kate in the JackieO's and perhaps you'll soon find out!

.mac :)


7 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Looks like a happy happy time. Love it!!!! And that place is definitely up my alley! I love beer and wine too, and in massive quantities!!!! :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

P.S. I have had Blueberry beer a bit but there is one that has a hog or something on the bottle. Wild something or another. It's supposed to have twice the alcohol. Very interesting stuff.....

Kristi said...

OH! This was a good time... can't wait to see how you do the rest. Makes me want more "ROAD" ;-).

April said...

I can only imagine all the fun you guys and gals must have had! Personally, I love you ROAD shirt! So, "boo-yah" to your hubby!:) I can't believe you're leaving us hanging, again! Just not fair, you know!

Shannon Strong said...

Wow-looks like you had a blast! I am from Jamestown, .5 hr. away from Ellicottville-I grew up learning to ski on their slopes-and we always go there for the pumkinville fest each year. I am glad you enjoyed it-it is a fun little place ;-) Oh-and I totally dig the shirt ;-) Hugs

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I'm here, I'm here!
I am wondering WHAT in the world are you doing way up North?? I need to know...
I have never heard of Blueberry beer-I thought it was just some gross floaties! Glad to know it was a berry!

Kacey said...

Ooooh! Looks like fun. So glad you had an awesome time. And I have to say - I am LOVING the hat & glasses! You rock on with your bad self. :D

"Cotton candy sweet and low let me see that tootsie roll. I feel a whoop coming on."

As soon as I know everyone will be able to chew the tootsie rolls - I'll be adding those to the mix. Thanks for the tip sista!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors