Monday, December 31, 2012

{indulge}

12 months of movement.  Movement for a better me. I find it only fitting that I took the last month of 2012 to dive head first into the absolute indulgence of making the most of my minutes and my mindset for my December.  

I have written about my search for rhythm in 2012 for the past 11 months.  I've done my best to be honest & real.  I realize this narrative collection is for me.  I fully own my thoughts and my words along with my cheap thrill finds too.  So, why have I chosen to make these collections publicly present for anyone to view?  Because I wanted my mission to have a heftier accountability to the better who I am trying to be.  And, with this pursuit of the accountable, I had a tiny hope that perhaps someone else out there may connect with my struggles and my strengths.  Rhythm seeking is not for the faint of heart.  So, if you are in the renovating of the soul business be it big or be it little, this homegirl is right here with you for better or worse.  

Allow me a chance for any new readers to catch up on my year of rhythm:  



Here.we.go.y'all:

Base Layer Undershirt:
  • Banana Republic
  • navy & white stripes
  • $1.99
  • 1/2 off Goodwill
  • I am becoming a huge fan of a striped base layer undershirt.  
  • It provides beau coups of texture.
  • It also haas you teetering on popping the top for some Tylenol to combat the cross eyes from starring too long.


Blouse:
  • $1.50 
  • 1/2 off Goodwill
  • It's a peasant slight bubble length
  • LOVE the print and color palette
  • It has a dainty shoestring tie at the neckline.
  • I'm gonna rock it with capri leggings sans undershirt in the spring.
  • This shirt would look killer on a pregnant woman about 8 months along.
  • I'll keep that in mind should I successfully convince my spouse that an odd number of offspring is not of the devil.


Scarf:
  • $.10 
  • 1/2 of Goodwill
  • I love a good scarf.
  • I think every outfit deserves one in someway or another.
  • I will forever be in favor of the above argument.
  • I realize that some may glance at my ensemble and immediately think of PeeWee's Playhouse.
  • Ahh, the beauty of fashion.  You can do whatever the hell you want.
  • Ladies that wear moo-moos and, likewise, high school girls that wear pajama pants to Wal-Mart hold this same thought, mind you.
  • Ahh, the beauty of fashion.


Jeans:
  • Skinny jeans
  • Seven brand
  • $7.99  clearance
  • T. J. Maxx
  • I wore them in this post
  • I like the skinny jean look with heels way more than I do with flats.
  • A homeschooling mama with an at home business has little opportunity to a whole heckuva lot of heel wearing, you know?


Shoes:
  • There is a BIG GUY upstairs that loves me.
  • $1.00
  • 1/2 off Goodwill
  • navy & white polka dot flats
  • They have a little navy patent leather strip across the toe.
  • A navy polka dot flat is like the staple black heel in my closet.
  • Options are limitless.
  • Mama likey.


Earrings:
  • Wore them in this post last month.
  • Handmade is awesome.
  • Enough said.


Bracelets:

Aqua rings:
  • FREE!  Giveaway from a friend of mine cleaning out her jewelry box.  

Aqua cuff:

I wore this piece in this post.  
It is official.
It is my signature jewelry piece.
Read the link above to know what I'm talking about.

Hair:
  • Fresh washed.
  • HOLLA.
  • Pinned back with a tiny clip half back.

Total Outfit Investment:  $19.58

December 2012

My personal word of growth for December was indulge.

My mission:

* work hard
* be detailed
* read
* take on something big
* keep it real
* relish in the little 

My status:

* * * .5 
3.5 out of 5 stars

My memories:

work hard:  My business is me.  My business was big this month.  I worked until the 19th.  I busted my bottom end no doubt.  I developed a plan.  I kept focused.  I put in work, son.  It was intense.  I feel like next year I will do a few things differently, but overall, I am so pleased with the products I created and with the customer satisfaction.  

be detailed:  I folded laundry late at night in the middle of the floor instead of letting it sit for 3 days solid.  I cleaned out the dang refrigerator when I didn't want to.  I lie in bed talking with my boys when I had so much else to get done.  I began planning for the new year's school regimen as well as business plan.  I stayed on top of the those little things that make a big difference in the flow of a day, moreover a family.  I wasn't rock solid awesome at all of it, but I gave good effort at the in between.

read:  This goal did not begin until the 19th.  I am reading.  My very first book of 2012.  I am quite embarrassed to admit this, but I gotta be true.  One book a month was my goal.  I failed.  But, hey?  I'm half way through a great book and looking forward to 2013 as a reading year for me.  I just gotta be still more.   Yeah right.

take on something big:  I completed my 4th nursery of my career this month. Feel free to view the finished product here.  I made it in just 6 days.  Nursery design is a big project.  Drapes, pillow, b.blanket, bumper pad, bed skirt and tie backs too.  I loved every second of the work.  It felt good to make something so beautiful.  

keep it real:  If I was sad, I let myself be.  If a commercial made me cry, I let it.  If I was frustrated, I said it.  I am working more and more at trying less to fit into the "prilly prilly princess" that just makes everything better by hushing or contorting my emotional self to please others.  This month I was who I was.  It felt good be spot on with me.  It was hard too.  I know there is a graceful balance in emotions and actions.  I'm hopeful to keep plugging in to being who I am when I am and for the right reasons too.

relish in the little:  I laughed at silly.  I paid attention to the sprinkling of pretzel sticks and 2 minute fudge boils.  I thought through quality gifting and not overspending.  I slept in to make up for late nights.  I used my favorite fabric softener and I even had a couple mini-dates with my man. Heck, I even pinned on Pinterest.   And, to top it off, I went for a 6 mile run today and just last night had sushi with one of my great friends. Sometimes it's those littles that make the monotonous big not so heavy.


12 months. Checkity-check-check.  Rhythm has found me.  I have embraced its ebbs & flows. And, much like my mixture of wicked patterns and color sets in this last ensemble of 2012, I have indulged in the art of improvement.   I have come to a place where my peace, moreover, my place in this life is better when growth and reflection are accounted for and present.  Status quo and sidling through isn't enough for me.  I graciously thank this rhythmical 2012 and each pair of eyes that have taken a looksee peek at just what I've been up to.  I look forward with a happy hope at the next 365 I am blessed with.  Peace out, 2012.  2013, I got your number.

Homegirl is ready,

.mac :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors