Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tasting the Rainbow

When I eat Skittles I always get hyped up.

My mother-in-law would say I'm "like a rat on acid".

Skittles do this to me. 
I hate the orange ones.
I'm eating them now as I type.  
Not the orange ones, of course.
I just make an orange pile and give them to the boys.
Aren't I the sweetest mom?
I've just ripped the top off of my 5th mini-pack and there's no turning back people.  

 I could choose now to share with you a story of how Heather, my best friend in junior high, and I can make a complete set of false fingernails with a package of Skittles.  This was our sleepover ritual. 

But, I won't go into detail as rat-like as I am typing this post, we would never get to the fun of what I'm here to share with you.

I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT AGAIN!
I know I've already told you all about this here.

BUT, I CAN'T WAIT!

I think it's one of the things I love most about designing.  I am able to share my God given talent with the ones I love so very much. 

And, it's time to get the ball rolling for my niece's diaper bag!

I thought it would be fun to post this bag design process and make it a bit interactive so that you are able to see just how a design session works.

1st
  • I always see what I can learn about my client.
  • I ask them questions and find out about their personality.  
  • I ask about their favorite colors.
  • I ask what necessities are required for their bag design.


Kim, my niece-to-be's mama:

  • She is very organized and timely.
  • She knows what she likes when she sees it.
  • She is sentimental and loves traditions.
  • She is patient.
  • For colors, she loves blues and pinks.
  • She decorates with khaki and earth tones in her home.
  • For a bag necessity, she enjoys several compartments for storage.
  • She definitely would like a name embroidery.


2nd
I ask specifically what types of fabric hues and color schemes a client would like to see.

Kim, my niece-to-be's mama:

"I don't know.  I don't want the bag to look like pink and purple GIRL everywhere.  I like softer colors, but I want to do something different and maybe brighter than the nursery colors. I am more into pinks than purples."

3rd
After taking all of this information into account, I send fabric collections to the client to peruse and see what speaks to them if you will.

Below are the collections I have for Kim.  She's my niece-to-be's mama if you didn't know that already.








And, this is where I want you to be all cyber-spacey & interactive and VOTE!  The votes are anonymous and take nothing more than a click of your mouse.  So, which of the fabric collections above do you like most?

Vote here:



And, since you did such a superfly job on that click-n-vote, I need one more from you and I promise I won't ever eat Skittles and blog at the same time.

You see, I asked for a little bag help here in this post just last week, and well, readers' mouses must've been on strike.  I only received 7 votes on which bag Kim should carry.  I had 124 visits by readers on that specific post. In the words of my step father-in-law, Larry, "that don't add up".

So, I thought I'd try once more only this time I would add visuals aids {cause who doesn't love a good visual aid?} and informational links to help you out with your decision making.

Like before, I am only showcasing k.Mac's top 5 diaper bag designs based solely on past purchased quantities and then I am including the newest Antebellum design.


First up, the Antebellum.  It is k.Mac's newest diaper bag and does not even have a place on my website yet.  Go here to read all about the details for more information.
Next up is the Miss Merry Mac Pack.  Go here to read all about it.
Then we have our ever famous Classic Tote.  Go here for information.
Then there's k.Mac's sweet Ruby.  Here is where you can read all about it.
And, the Regency!  Here's where to go to read all about her bells & whistles.
Last, but not least, is k.Mac's Hipster.  Details here.

Now let's do this vote thing one more time for good measure, shall we?  You're visually full and your informationally equipped:



How fun was that?  You virtually designed, bought a k.Mac bag AND didn't pay a thing!

Thanks for the votes.  I'll do an update post to let you know the results as well as what bag and fabric collection Kim, my niece-to-be's mama, selects.

 Overdosing on Tasting the rainbow, 
.mac :)

1 comment:

Toni Jill Cox said...

Love the voting - should be teaching but here I am looking at your blog and being all jealous this morning! :) Hope you all have a great day on Dumplin Valley!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors