Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Batstreet Boys

Halloween is just my favorite.
It is.
I really think to be born on Halloween would be the ultimate.
Think about it.

Free candy
Parties to attend
EVERYONE in costume.

{THE BEST.}

Now, I have 2 boys. And with 2 boys, you kinda have to think outside the sewing box when it comes to making handmade shirts for Halloween.

Me: "I can't wait to make the boys some cute shirts for Halloween."

Kenny: "Do what?"

Me: "You know some appliqued shirts with their names on them."

Kenny: "Meg. Seriously?"

Me: {SIGH. GRUNT. STOMP} "Look, I am making the boys cute Halloween shirts. I am. I don't have a girl and making for my children is what I adore. It's GOING to happen."

Kenny: "Okay. Just don't do any kind of patterned fabric."
{SHAKING HIS HEAD AS HE WALKS OFF}


Well, I went with a little patterned fabric, didn't I?
And their best buds had to have matching shirts too.

Why?

CAUSE THEY ARE THE BATSTREET BOYS!!

Let's meet the band, shall we? Meet Eli.

The eldest lover of trains and follower of all safety protocol in our home.
Age: 4 1/2
Favorite food: carrots
Favorite hobby: drawing trains in his journal {as of last week}
Favorite mischief: tempting his little brother to race him in the house
Halloween costume: Batman

Meet Garyn.

A ratta-tat-tapping marching band man.
Age: 27 months
Favorite food: grapes and bananas
Favorite hobby: playing with his train table
Favorite mischief: screaming holy terror when his mom and dad drop him off at his Sunday School classroom.
Halloween costume: Lion


Meet Casey.

The youngest spitfire in our home obsessed with his mama, getting his way, his "B", and playing football.
Age: 2 1/2
Favorite food: chips {great, I know.}
Favorite hobby: tackling
Favorite mischief: tackling
Halloween costume: The Tin Man

And last but not least, meet Brayden.

Neighbor one street over and full of handsome mischief and squeals of fun.
Age: 19 months
Favorite food: string cheese and LOTS of it.
Favorite hobby: block building and tearing down
Favorite mischief: climbing stairs when you already have told him no.
Halloween costume: dinosaur

Of course, my boys got to break their Batstreet Boys stage gear in first.

Nick Carter and A.J. McLean don't have nothin on these faces.

And we struck a mean face pose to be sure daddy would agree that real men can wear appliqued shirts.

Daddy approved.

Eli gettin' spooky with it.


Casey in true mean form.
Then The Batstreet Boys were off to their 1st gig.
The Pumpkin Patch on Signal Mountain. A playground of true bliss and kid wonder. Some of the best sliding action you can find this side of the Mississippi.

Garyn ready on the drums to pound out any swing set beat.
And Brayden hip on the mike with squeals of joy.
After a gig, The Batstreet Boys need refreshments.

Pumpkin frosted sugar cookie from The Bread Basket will do just fine.

But wait!

The Batstreet Boys ain't no fools.

They know any good band has one amazingly beautiful and totally decked out hot chic on stage with them.

Wearing something like this maybe?

Complete with all the girly bells and whistles.

And hair accessories.

One must not forget hair accesssories.

Or their mama.
And frosted pumpkin sugar cookies too.
Meet Mollye.

Back up singer with vocals and head bobs like no other.
Age: 15 months.
Favorite food: Goldfish
Favorite hobby: Playing dress up.
Favorite mischief: throwing herself on the floor and playing dead with evil stares at you when she doesn't get her way.
Halloween costume: A Pink Ladybug

So, anyone in need of a great band or great handmade outfits and shirts, contact The Batstreet Boys' manager at meghan@kmaccreations.com.

"Cause I want it that way."

.mac-a-boo

11 comments:

Beth said...

Oh what a cute post! Cute clothes, yummy lookin cookies, and adorable kiddos! I think your Halloween themed tree is fabulous (what little I could see of it).

Kristi said...

OMGOSH! I've been in LOVE from day one of 4 1/2 years ago and 2 1/2 years ago, but this post definitely strums my heartstrings (maybe it's that batstreet boy ambiance I'm feeling from you;-).

I am missing those boys more than I can tell you!!

Love this post. Brayden looking handsome as ever too...growing! And the new addition, Garyn, is a cutie. Now, Mollye Bear... must be the luckiest girl ever...check that outfit!

Love you guys!!!!!!!!!
Missin' you!

Keelie said...

The little girl outfit is SO precious! Love all the Batstreet boys too! Cute stuff.

TateandLily'sMom said...

I am on my 5th KMAC Kids Collection outfit and Miss Lilybean loves them all. She just wore her ghost shirt last week and will be wearing her Halloween bloomers and dress to her fall festival tomorrow. Her Minnie Mouse shirt is now on her favorite doll since she has outgrown it. The Batstreet Boys look great (and I really love their tunes).

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Oh MAC!!!
Those shirts are
AWESOME!!!!
Tell Football Man that he is so lucky that you dress your boys like that!
LOVE it!!!!
LOVE it!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

OMG!!
You continue to keep on impressing me--keep on keeping on, girl!!
I love these bat shirts--love them. Next year girl you are makin' me some. Glad K held you back a little --I would freak him out with my ribbon clad bucket for Cillian!!
Great job!

Sarah said...

love it!

Stella Blue said...

It warms my heart to have seen the boys in person in those snazzy shirts. I also so love I now know them personally and while Eli had his foot on my hand yesterday told me his favorite food is carrots. Then Casey with his hands folded behind his head in his car seat. Such a cute thing! And the time I got with their mama-------sweet sweet, sweetness. My cup is full because of you!!!!

Shannon Strong said...

How adorable...and bat-tastic :-) You are so talented. I think boys having Halloween shirts is way cool. Hope you all have a safe and wonderful Halloween. Hugs

mollyesmom said...

Love those batstreet boys! They are all too precious! Oh, and the backup singer- she's a cutie! Hope to see them all again real soon! Love that pumpkin patch concert they put on last week:)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors