Monday, March 9, 2009

Worth It


This sweet concoction accompanied me on the back deck in the warm sunshine this afternoon.

Barefooted.
Feet up.
Rays beaming on my face.


Yep, I used one of my fancy glasses.
No plastic. Nope. Not today.

Cause today, I was worth it.
Worth celebrating the sunshine.
The outside that we played in ALL day.
Shooting hoops.
Adventure hikes to the train tracks.
Lying in the grass...giggling.

And the boys liked it too.
How do I know?
Why these flowers, of course.
Hand picked {ever-so carefully and GENTLY} by the boys.
For me.
Cause today, they wanted me to know I was worth it to them.

It's the little things...


.mac :)

7 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Now THAT is a good day! Glad you all enjoyed it...spring is slowly making its way up here to MI...but it can change on a dime-we've had a foot of snow on Easter a time or two...

Nicole said...

Love it!
Shannon and I did the same last night...grabbed us a cold one, great conversation, listening to the birds...it was perfect. Then, we had decided to have dinner outside on the deck. We just couldn't get enough of it!!

LOVE

Anonymous said...

Awesome, meg! It *is* the little things, for sure. Like the sign in my bathroom says:

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things".

Love it(& love you;)!
kp

Ash said...

Oh sweet Heaven - fancy glasses, a fruity concoction, and hand-picked flowers from sweet little boy hands (2 of my own, 6 and 3).

Welcome to SiST!! Em

Shannon Strong said...

Thats perfect. Everything-from the drink-to relaxing to playing to laying in the grass giggling..and the flowers-perfect. I love that you love the little things too. Hope the rest of your week follows suit. :-)

Julie Shaver said...

You ARE worth it! :)

Kacey said...

Those flowers, no words. They just melt my heart. That drink, I'm wondering where mine was today. Hmmm...maybe tomorrow. :D

So happy you had a great day. And yes, you're worth it. Isn't that what our peeps at L'Oreal have always wanted us to know?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors