Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{saturate}

She wore tangerine tights?  Yes.  A far cry from an itsy bitsy tiny weeny yellow polka dot bikini I know.  It's winter and I was on a mission to color block like a mad dog. Mission accomplished wouldn't you agree?  It's time.  Time to let out all of what I have hoopty cooped up on the inside of my meticulously categorized & ever efficient cerebral filing cabinet highly trafficked scratched on & circled around Steno Pad noggin notes.

The year is twenty-to-the-thirteen and I am aiming to be a connector.  Of joy.  Of growth.  Of reality.  Of tangerine tight wearing.  I need you to feel my need for speed if you haven't already. Go here to powder puff your nose in the ladies' room of me if you will.  Once you freshen up, I'll be waiting for you just outside.   Look for me.  I'll be the one wearing tangerine tights.

My word for January was {saturate}.  I love this word so very much.  It's definitively discerning if you ask me.  It leaves not a quandary one in the mind; it exemplifies 100%.  It's over the top and I like it. My start to a new year needed gusto and the word {saturate} said "Holla if you hear me, girl."  I resounded with a, "Loud & clear, Mamacita."

My mission for January is below.  I wanted to put together a January billboard so to speak.  You know, something to keep me focused.  The pleated skirt-megaphone carrying-bloomer wearing combination of this layout below did just this for me this month.  It reminded me time and again of my whys and my wheres and my what fors too.


* GIVE IT OUT.

Love is free.  It's not hard.  It will never be taxed.  It spreads like wildfire.  So why in the hell would I want to keep it in?  I do more often than I care to admit.  Way too many times am I guilty of snobbery to the ones I love.  I  get so sucked into the sarlacc of tunnel vision that I neglect to hand out my heart tickets.  And, you know they expire like Cinderella's glass slippers and glitter get up at the stroke of midnight every night?  Yep, they do. And, you can't get them back either.  This is how I chose to look at my January.  I looked at each day with an opportunity to hand out the tickets from my heart good for that day only.  That analogy did wonders.  I prayed every morning that I hand out as many as I possibly could to whom ever crossed my path.  Guess what?  I giggled more.  I found funny in myself.  I saw my boys in a more joyful light.  My Kenny was missed even more the times he was away at work.  By giving the free in my heart away, my ticker racked up in return.

* CONSIDER THE COST.

Faith is all up on me right now.  It's like God's just called a timeout and changed from a 2-3 zone to a man-to-man.  And, Faith? Well, she's guarding me.  I am praying for Him to shake me in greater ways.  And, He is.  I want to find balance more in my life.  I am praying more specifically about this.  I am asking Him to give me the wisdom to know when and to know how.  I want to work smarter for k.Mac.  My hours can't be forever & a day and all the time.  I am one.  I want my work to be joyful and to be exceptional and to be anticipated.  To me & to my clients.  I want to know when it is time to head to bed and call it a day or when it's past due for a little R&R time for me.  I am a worker bee by nature. Like, I seriously have issues with work and all.the.time.  My internal is off kilter when it comes to quitting time.  I am seeking Him to help me.  He is.  My days and nights are taking on a more fluid shape with regards to timing.  My down time is fueling me more for the quality of work I want to have behind my brand.  The cost of overworked is more work.  The rested are ready & reminded of the joy & passion behind what they choose to do.

* FACE IT.

There are things that bring you down.  Things you want to be different but are out of your hands entirely.  Things that no matter what you do, you find yourself in the exact same spot.  It is frustrating and disheartening for the overachiever in me.  And, that's just it.  I don't have to overachieve with these things.  I can't spew rainbows from my mouth over & again and expect a different outcome.  What can I do?  I can be me.  I can remind myself that we all have those wishfuls that just aren't there.  Maybe one day they will be. Maybe not.  Chasing down these dark hearted hangovers leaves you with an empty bottle of Tylenol and reeking breath.  Stop it.


* DELETE DRAMA.

Out of thread?  Get more.  Just made the trip. Cussing and stomping loudly followed by an overwhelming pity party.  Deal with it and do it again.  Forgot milk?  Stomp your feet and throw a big fat hissy in the parking lot.  Suck it up and go back in and get it.  Worried about the boys? Lay up all night and talk to forty gajillion people for their advice. Think realistically about their health, progress and happiness.  Pray for wisdom and guidance.  Give your best.  Have to pay a late fine for your electric bill?  Moan and groan over it to the point of ridiculous.  Pay it.  Many of my energies are spent out on wasted issues.  Less drama for this mama and more problem solving and priority setting is needed.  The boys need to see efficiency from me.  They need to see a human too.  The grace practiced  in mistake makings is powerful. For all.

* SINK INTO THAT SMILE.

I have one you know.  And, my parents were even awesome enough to give me braces.  It's one of Kenny's favorite things about me.  There's lots to smile about too.  Smiling is free.  It creates an energy that sends warmth. I pearled it up this month.  Yes, I did.  I concentrated on my smile and who needed it. Who deserved it.  How it felt to give it.  And, the feelings on the inside that created these corners up. Genius lies in what God gives you for free.  The more I sank down into that smile of mine and what it stood for, the more it seemed I held my shoulders back.  The more ready my hands were to help or to hold. Freely, I sunk.  More in love with Him.  More in love with me.  

* CHANGE THE GAME.

I don't brush my teeth but once a day.  There. I said it.  BUT, it's a whole new ball game thanks to January's {saturate}.  I took this month to get down and dirty in certain areas of my life.  I now have 41 days under my belt as a morning and nighttime teeth brusher thankyouverymuch.  I also apply moisturizer to my face twice daily.  I have read one book.  Yep.  Count it.  I am working on my nightly routine of reading before bed with that coach of mine.  Kenny, the boys and I have started a nightly family devotion. It is precious time reading God's word with our two.  They are quizzical and immersed in our times each night.  God's preparing 2 new students for His glory I do believe.  I have begun a bible study on Wednesday nights about raising boys.  Kenny is attending one on finances for our family.  And, the boys have joined AWANA.  I'm exercising differently.  Running 3-4 times a week and interchanging the runs with core strength training.  Our homeschool routine is different as well.  The boys and I have a more regimented schedule of elapsed learning time so to better use my afternoon time for design work and sewing.  Kenny and I also ventured into the world of the iPhone.  It was a splurge for us, but one we budgeted and are completely enjoying too might I add.  An overall change of the game has amped me up.  I am loving the newness and turnover of good that has come from some simple shifts, decisions and work towards new habits & routines.  

Below are what I like to call the morals of  my January's {saturate}:


Below are some examples of my morale boosts for January:

Gap brand navy blue/white pinstripe oxford:  $1.25 GW
New Boundaries brand gray vest:  $1.00 GW
Limited brand denim pencil skirt:  $1.50 GW
Ann Klein brand tights (IN THE PACKAGE STILL):  $.25 GW
scarf:  $.25 GW
gray suede booties:  FREE (gift)
TOTAL COST OF ENSEMBLE:  $4.25
* GW = Goodwill

                                         -Macklemore

A sprinkling of my favorite January Goodwill finds:
Ann Taylor brand jacket:  $3.25
Gray and black pinstriped Fedora:  $1.25
Ann Taylor brand charcoal gray linen pants:  $1.99
Lerner New York brand punky greenish yellow gathered sleeved sweater:  $1.25
Carhart overalls for Eli:  $3.25


My January Grade Card:

Let me hear you now:




Color blocking like a mad dog,

.mac :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

k.Mac Visitors